astra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Call of Duty: World at War

Go down 
+2
theMovielife41
DecimatorDan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DecimatorDan

DecimatorDan

Call of Duty: World at War Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:54 am

So I guess this qualifies for CoD chatter, might as well just put all of our thoughts about CoD games in here rather than in the 360 or PS3 threads.

As for the current CoD, I asked this on FF but what kind of maps do you fellas want to see? I know I would love it if they put in a winter map, something set in the Russian wilderness would be pretty sweet IMO. I think another night map is a must, since the only one currently is Makin, and most people have mixed feelings on that one.
Back to top Go down
theMovielife41
Admin
theMovielife41

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:57 am

A winter one would be alright. Such as Bastogne. It would be a sniper heaven, though, so I would not like it all that much......

Aside from that, I think we need another map that is set on a Japanese island. But make many more tunnels and an extremely dense forest.
Back to top Go down
https://adastracod.forumotion.net
DecimatorDan

DecimatorDan

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:01 am

theMovielife41 wrote:
A winter one would be alright. Such as Bastogne. It would be a sniper heaven, though, so I would not like it all that much......

Aside from that, I think we need another map that is set on a Japanese island. But make many more tunnels and an extremely dense forest.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't mind a tunnel or trench inspired level. I think that would be very awesome. I'm sure they will remake a map from CoD 3, though I never played it. Any maps on that one that were really good?
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:01 am

Honostly i really hate this game... I just play it for you guys so you should ffel special. I just cant wait until september!
Back to top Go down
DecimatorDan

DecimatorDan

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:04 am

XxMAINxX wrote:
Honostly i really hate this game... I just play it for you guys so you should ffel special. I just cant wait until september!

Wink

We love you main, in a purely heterosexual way.
Back to top Go down
theMovielife41
Admin
theMovielife41

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 am

DecimatorDan wrote:
theMovielife41 wrote:

To be quite honest, I wouldn't mind a tunnel or trench inspired level. I think that would be very awesome. I'm sure they will remake a map from CoD 3, though I never played it. Any maps on that one that were really good?

There's a couple levels that were pretty decent. Just sucked at the time because the game was horrid and there was way too many players on each team.

I've got the game still so maybe I'll go back and look at some sometime.
Back to top Go down
theMovielife41
Admin
theMovielife41

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:10 am

XxMAINxX wrote:

I mean, obviously it isn't as good as 4. But once you play more and learn how everything goes at isn't bad. Once you get the STG44 you will like it a lot better. It's WaW's AK-47. It's a pretty beastly gun.

Though, the MP40 is rediculously over-powered. The thing is just a monster.
Back to top Go down
DecimatorDan

DecimatorDan

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:45 am

When you think about it, all the SMGs are kinda overpowered, but that's only because back in WWII the STG was the only Rifle that was fully auto, whereas all the SMGs are full auto. That's why whenever I use Rifles now I really just either camp or just try to avoid up close contact with most people, cuz just about everyone uses an SMG.
Back to top Go down
theMovielife41
Admin
theMovielife41

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:49 am

My main problem is that I really don't know how to camp. The urge to just run somewhere is just far too great to over-come....... Laughing

Luckily for me, I've always been very fast on the trigger for semi-autos otherwise I wouldn't do too well.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm buying a modded controller for the next Call of Duty..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:11 am

I played it a while then put it down, not sure what to think of it quite yet.

Last edited by BigT23XX on Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:17 pm

DecimatorDan wrote:
So I guess this qualifies for CoD chatter, might as well just put all of our thoughts about CoD games in here rather than in the 360 or PS3 threads.

As for the current CoD, I asked this on FF but what kind of maps do you fellas want to see? I know I would love it if they put in a winter map, something set in the Russian wilderness would be pretty sweet IMO. I think another night map is a must, since the only one currently is Makin, and most people have mixed feelings on that one.

A well made night map in a forest would be great. I would also love to run around in the snow...its not like Russia and eastern Europe are not known for thier sometimes harsh winters.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:33 pm

XxMAINxX wrote:
I borrowed it from a friend, and I just honestly havent been able to get into it so far.
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:48 pm

I couldn't get into into it until I got the MP40. The first few guns are not very good. I also think it helps that I never got into Modern Warfare and I'm kinda of a history buff.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:25 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
I couldn't get into into it until I got the MP40. The first few guns are not very good. I also think it helps that I never got into Modern Warfare and I'm kinda of a history buff.
As the campaign goes along, I find myself playing it and playing it more often, even if the guns so far suck.

I played a round online last nite, playing free for all, and I got owned. Neutral
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 pm

I still get owned.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:57 pm

TheViolentMonk wrote:
I still get owned.
We both have something in common. I am getting better though, as I have only had the game for 2 days. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Obelysk

Obelysk

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 am

BigT23XX wrote:
TheViolentMonk wrote:
As the campaign goes along, I find myself playing it and playing it more often, even if the guns so far suck.

I played a round online last nite, playing free for all, and I got owned. Neutral

It depends who you land on free far all, one night I ended in this group of guys that I completely obliterated for 7 staright matches (15 kills ahead of the next guy in 5 of those games) and they were like; "OMG!? Obelysk is too good". Next day I couldn't even end up on 3rd place. Sad
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 8:46 am

Nazi Zombies is easily my favorite game mode, I played a bit against some of my friends, who killed me, but Nazi zombies is awesome!
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Ive never played Zombies, though I would like to give it a go sometime. Hows does it compare to sopmething like horde
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:57 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
Ive never played Zombies, though I would like to give it a go sometime. Hows does it compare to sopmething like horde

Horde kicks it's ass
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 am

XxMAINxX wrote:
TheViolentMonk wrote:

Horde kicks it's ass
Yep, Horde is way better, but Zombies is still very fun.

Horde IMO is much harder than Zombies though.

I for some reason prefer Gears to WAW.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 10:15 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
AND I believe you have to beat the campaign before you can play Nazi Zombies.
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:05 am

I think they opened up for everyone after they did the double experience weekend
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 11:48 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
I think they opened up for everyone after they did the double experience weekend
Oh, maybe they did.

My friends said that it wsa only if you beat the campaign, BUT if someone who has already beat the campaign hosts the game of Zombies, it works.

Maybe your right that they opened it up though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: World at War   Call of Duty: World at War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: World at War
Page 1 of 1