astra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gears of War 2

Go down 
+4
DecimatorDan
Obelysk
TheViolentMonk
XxMAINxX
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:21 am

Post up if you play gears. Im always looking for people to play with!
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:57 am

I've played the campaign some (which I do enjoy) but for some reason cannot get into the multiplayer. Is it just getting use to the controls and maps?
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:27 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
I've played the campaign some (which I do enjoy) but for some reason cannot get into the multiplayer. Is it just getting use to the controls and maps?

Multiplayer is the best part... lets play some wingman sometime and you will learn to LOVE it.
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:34 am

sounds great I'll send you a game invite if I see you on
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:34 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
sounds great I'll send you a game invite if I see you on

How about now? I'll jump online.
Back to top Go down
Obelysk

Obelysk

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:40 am

Man I still have to go buy this game.
Back to top Go down
DecimatorDan

DecimatorDan

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:22 am

New update today, apparently it fixes even more of the online issues, as well as adds new achievements for the map packs.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:54 am

Hey guys, this is GoPackGo25 from FF, just too tell you guys. (My Gamerscore is low because I just got the 360 2 weeks ago. Twisted Evil )

Gears if the favorite game I have now, I am pretty good I guess.

Last edited by BigT23XX on Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DecimatorDan

DecimatorDan

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:04 am

BigT23XX wrote:
Hey guys, this is GoPackGo25 from FF, just too tell you guys. (My Gamerscore is low because I just got the 360 2 weeks ago. Twisted Evil )

Edit: Sig isnt workin, it has my profile, thats why I said that.

Go to preferences and change always show sig to yes.
Back to top Go down
soonerfan44

soonerfan44

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:05 am

I bought it the day it came out but I never really got into it, most likely because I never got a chance to play with friends. I really enjoyed Horde and the multiplayer games I played but no one else was ever playing and it got boring playing by myself with random people. Probably the biggest complaint I had was how long it took to join a multiplayer game. Did they ever fix that, or patch it up?
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:08 am

soonerfan44 wrote:
I bought it the day it came out but I never really got into it, most likely because I never got a chance to play with friends. I really enjoyed Horde and the multiplayer games I played but no one else was ever playing and it got boring playing by myself with random people. Probably the biggest complaint I had was how long it took to join a multiplayer game. Did they ever fix that, or patch it up?
The matchmaking for Horde doesnt take long at all, but other game modes it can take a while yes.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:08 am

DecimatorDan wrote:
BigT23XX wrote:

Edit: Sig isnt workin, it has my profile, thats why I said that.

Go to preferences and change always show sig to yes.
Thanks for the help man!
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Finally took a little time to play the multiplayer last night (thanks Main) and while it is differnt I did enjoy it. now I just need to get the maps ans controls down...
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:31 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
Finally took a little time to play the multiplayer last night (thanks Main) and while it is differnt I did enjoy it. now I just need to get the maps ans controls down...

Im glad you liked it because i need people to play with
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:32 am

I played my first game of Gears today VS. accual people instead of playing Horde with people, but I hate it when people use Mortars, or Mulchers or whateverthey are. They are such a cheap way too get kills. This guy got 3 kills in one shot with it. (Including Me) affraid
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:51 am

BigT23XX wrote:
I played my first game of Gears today VS. accual people instead of playing Horde with people, but I hate it when people use Mortars, or Mulchers or whateverthey are. They are such a cheap way too get kills. This guy got 3 kills in one shot with it. (Including Me) affraid

You should play with me and Monk we need some more guys to roll with.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 pm

XxMAINxX wrote:
BigT23XX wrote:

Ight, what mode do you guys mainly play? Im pretty beastly with the sniper. afro
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 pm

BigT23XX wrote:
XxMAINxX wrote:
BigT23XX wrote:

Ight, what mode do you guys mainly play? Im pretty beastly with the sniper. afro

Last night we didn't do much, mainly private match stuff. But i like all modes... even Annex.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:23 am

Ya im not all that picky on game modes either, ill add you tonight when I get home.
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:39 pm

The more I play the more I love this game. The campaign (up to the point I have played) has been spectacular. I'm not sure thier is a better looking game.
Back to top Go down
BigT23XX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:41 pm

TheViolentMonk wrote:
The more I play the more I love this game. The campaign (up to the point I have played) has been spectacular. I'm not sure thier is a better looking game.
I agree man, the more I play it, the more I love it, great campaign and everything. Online game modes are pre sweet too!
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 am

'13 Days of Gears' Promotion Starting Feb. 1

Gears of War 2 is trying to get more people playing online. To do so they started the promotion "13 Days of Gears"

Quote :
Prizes will be given away each day from February 1-13, and to be eligible to win on any given day, you have to play at least one match in the designated game mode for that day. Here are the days and multiplayer modes you have to play to be eligible:

Sunday, Feb. 1 -- Annex
Monday, Feb. 2 -- Submission
Tuesday, Feb. 3 -- Execution
Wednesday, Feb 4. -- Horde
Thursday, Feb. 5 -- King of the Hill
Friday, Feb. 6 -- Guardian
Saturday, Feb. 7 -- Warzone
Sunday, Feb. 8 -- Wingman
Monday, Feb. 9 -- King of the Hill
Tuesday, Feb. 10 -- Wingman
Wednesday, Feb. 11 -- Wingman
Thursday, Feb. 12 -- Horde
Friday, Feb. 13 -- Horde

The article below gives the details

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172453

You have to register to be eligible..

Very Happy sign up here
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 7:55 am

This game was pissing me off today... i even quit early which i dont do.
Back to top Go down
TheViolentMonk

TheViolentMonk

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:17 am

Just wondering if it would be worth it to pick up and play through the 1st Gears.... I think i can get it for less then 20. I just want to play through the campaign.
Back to top Go down
XxMAINxX

XxMAINxX

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:31 am

TheViolentMonk wrote:
Just wondering if it would be worth it to pick up and play through the 1st Gears.... I think i can get it for less then 20. I just want to play through the campaign.

I loved the first gears sooooo much. The campaign is just as fun, but the multiplayers is full of amazing players now that I can't compete with... either that or glitchers. If you want it for the singleplayer yea its worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gears of War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2   Gears of War 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
astra :: All xbox 360 games discussion-
Jump to: